Founded Stanley Burton as an idea to fill the gap in the underwear market in response to the lack of cultural diversity, age inclusion and body positivity in the LGBTQI underwear marketplace in Australia
January to June 2021
Worked tirelessly to build the online store, sourcing brands and building content. Click here to find out more about us to read how we maximise our resources and skills. Owned by two Asians, we manage and maintain everything ourselves, tasks are divided by our strength in the business.
Discussion with DNA Magazine for collaboration, also to discuss Stanley Burton's core values with diversity and inclusion on how to change the underwear marketplace in LGBTQI Australia with cultural diversity.
Started the Stanley Burton Brand Champ program. It’s the first of its kind, the collaboration process is unlike any other retailers’ influencer marketing. Our process is personable and direct. We take the time out to get to know the real people in our community and let them tell their stories.
1st July 2021
Launched Stanleyburton.com live!
Commenced partnership with DNA Magazine to bring cultural diversity to the underwear marketplace in Australia and introduced Stanley Burton to the world.
Our first ad in Star Observer. We created 4 ads. one of the ads with Clayton wearing Lure, for our Age Inclusion empowerment.
You can read more about our positive outcome here
First few series of photo shoots in Tokyo shot by _BAM_guys commenced
- Our first All Asian editorial was released in DNA, including a write up about Stanley Burton. It was also a great opportunity for us to announce to the LGBTQI community, we are here to put Asians in underwear on the map. Click here to read the campaign.
- We reached out to Thorne Harbour Health to make a contribution towards the charity organisation for World Aids Day.
- Donated 12 pairs of underwear at a value of $350 towards the silent auction for the annual fundraising event in December.
- We managed to purchase 6 calendar spots in DNA Magazine’s annual 14 months calendar, including photos from our brands and guys we produced. Click here to read more about it.
- Attended Thorne Harbour’s Annual Fundraising Event Rupaul Extravaganza, you can click here to experience the great evening for a great cause
- After discussing with several guys in Sydney for collaboration since July 2021, we shot our first series of guys in Sydney
- DNA Magazine released our 2 part Asians and Allies.
You can check out a few shots that are not featured in the DNA post here
- Expanded our range of brands with newcomer SvenNordin Co., an underwear brand created by a Korean designer. At Stanley Burton, we champion Asian creators by providing them platform for them to shine
Check out our column here as we interviewed the designer about his creative process and what it takes to be inclusive
- One year since StanleyBurton.com launched.
We reflect on small victories that we have accomplished. We still have a lot in the works but it is always good to trace the steps. You can read about our small victories here.
Watch this space, more inclusive projects in the works.
- Stanelyburton.com is one of 4 finalists at HONOURS 2022 Presented by The Gala will take place on the Wed 17th August 2022
This page is constantly updated to reflect on our accomplishment, don't forget to check back every month to see our updates.